Monday, August 25, 2014

It's the cat's fault!

Recently, things have been disappearing on me. I'll put my glasses down on side table next to my bed, and when I wake up they won't be there. I end up frantically searching the house (not easy, when you're as near-sighted as I am), and they'll finally show up on top of the refrigerator or some other ridiculous place. I'll set my scissors on the end table next to me, and after a wild search discover that they're in my gym bag. My book walks quietly behind me, turning up wherever I've already looked.

You've probably already jumped to some crazy notion like maybe I'm getting old, or distracted, or the insomnia is finally getting to me. I really don't think it's me. I'm blaming the cat. I think she's still angry that we brought the puppy into the house, and she's trying to drive me crazy in revenge.

I mean, just look at her face...

No comments: