Thursday, May 21, 2015

Kitten Project: Day 4 - Things I've learned



  

Everyone loves baby kittens. Even people who initially say that they hate cats will "ooh" and "aah" and want to hold him once they take a look at the utter cuteness of the baby kitten. 

A vast majority of the people will want to pick up, cuddle, and feed the baby kitten. The exceptions are those people who truly hate cats. They'll coo over this kitten, but draw the line at getting any closer. Note that people who hate cats because they're allergic are usually willing to risk an attack because they're so overcome by the cuteness. About two-thirds of the people who want to hold and feed the kitten indicate that they would be willing to take the kitten home with them if I get tired of caring for him.

After one session of trying to bottle feed this tiny kitten, it becomes obvious that the adorable bundle of fur is really a claw-filled, shrill meowing monster. He does not like the bottle, and will not willingly settle for such an inferior substitute for his own momma. Don't let the picture fool you. Feeding the kitten is exhausting, frustrating work. As much as I hate to admit it, being a liberal-minded family-centered child-loving woman, there are times I have full sympathy for the mother who abandoned this stubborn scratching kitty.

The good thing is that the kitten is still going to sleep after almost every meal. Which means I get almost two hours to work. If I'm lucky. If I'm rushing on a deadline, he's up and wanting to play!



At least I did get a little bit of knitting done this afternoon. It's the first I've picked up my needles since Monday!

No comments: